30 September 2011

MAC Prep+Prime Skin Brightening Serum



A while ago, MAC extended their Prep+Prime Range, bringing a new Serum into the beauty market, the MAC Skin Brightning Serum.

As the name says, it is meant to brighten your skin (not lighten, only brighten!) with its Vitamin C properties, making it more plumped, and visually healthy. So far so good, I went to a MAC counter and got it the second it came into the store, and I asked for guidance at the counter. The lady was super friendly and said it’s an awesome product, I’d love it, and it would even out my skin, pigmentation, refine pores, reduce wrinkles and magic. She was really happy about the serum, but I had my doubts: how could she be so sure, being it a new product? But then I convinced myself maybe MAC workers get access to things first.


Happily went home and tried for a couple of nights (1 week and half), but seriously? I haven’t seen any difference. I can’t say it is a bad product, or a complete fail, I’m just not sure if it worked for me.

It is a lightweight cream, a bit white transparent, that skinks immediatly into your skin once applied, leaving no greasy residuo but a fresh feeling and fresh/citric smell (not strong, disappears in 5 min). I was oriented to use it before everything I put on face before cleaning it (OBVIOUSLY), night and daytime.

So I did, and I enjoyed the treat, but the lack of visible results was a bit downward for me. I do not have wrinkles yet, I exfoliate my skin regularly (3x-4x a week) so I wasn’t expecting it to give me  a facelift, but I do have pigmentation, a bit scarring and large pores, and in almost 2 weeks I saw none progress in these areas. I did experience better “feeling” to the skin though, a bit more radiance, the sensation that skin was not only with a greasy layer on top, but actually moisturised deep skin.


It may have prevented my skin to get more large pores or more wrinkles, and that’s where I lay my 2 cents, because I could be suffering from High Expectations, just because the shop assistant told me so. Maybe it isn’t a corrector serum, but a “maintenance” serum.

After a long pause (about 3 months), I rediscovered the serum just because I ran out of my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Serum and thought I’d better use my 40 euros spent in this serum. And the packaging is very neat, sleek, and practical until you have to open it to get the last drop of product, because the pump can’t find it. The hole bottle lasted 60 days, in total, using it only at night.

If you are looking for a uncomplicated serum, to keep your skin deep moisturised and feeling happy, I’d recommend it. If you want miracle in a bottle, steer away and save your 40 euros for something else.


Product: Serum, Skincare
Quantity: 30 ml
Consistency: Cream/Gel
Colour: transparent 
Suitable for: All skin types
Price: 40€
Where to find: MAC counters and stores




No comments:

Post a Comment