16 October 2011

|Haul| |Review| Sleek Makeup - Au Naturel collection and more

I think it's time for you to know that I love Sleek Makeup products, and one of my all time favorite products is The Face Contour Kit. But today I'm here to show you the new stuff I got recently from the new Au Naturel Nude Collection (NC).

This collection had immediatly caught my eyes as soon as I saw the promo and first swatches, firstly because I'm really into soft and natural make-up for daytime and secondly because I was really curious about how the Au Naturel eyeshadow palette would compare to the Urban Decay Naked Palette, being both in the same makeup territory. 

Here is a overview of what I got: 
Left to Right, clockwise: Rose Gold Blush (PL), Suede Blush (NC), Aruba Blush (CC),
Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette (NC), Lip Conditioner Powder Pink (PL) and Lip Conditioner Peach Perfection (PL) 

I actually ended up getting other products from the Permanent Line (PL) and Caribbean Collection (CC). These are things I've been eyeing for a long time, but didn't want to pay the shipping price for 2 tinted lip conditioners, silly as it sounds. There no Sleek Make-up in stores in Germany, like in UK, which makes my product purchases from this brand very planned  and researched, before-hand.

Starting, with the lip conditioners: I've already have one of those, in Perfect Plum, bought a long time ago, and I have a great experience with it, it is very pigmented for a lip conditioner and very moisturising at the same time, so you can get the best of a lipstick with the properties of a lip balm and stay with well cared lips everyday.

Peach Perfection is a beautiful peach shade, as the name says, creamy and not shimmery, but this colour is lighter than my natural lip colour, and the product tend to sit in the fine lines, not so flattering, but I can still use it over concealed lips.

Left: Powder Pink, Right: Peach Perfect
Powder Pink is a warm toned soft pink shade that matches very well with my tan complexion, making my lips pouty and soft looking. Very girly looking! And here is a lame picture, with bad lighting, of my tired face, with Powder Pink on. 


Now onto the Blushes: 3 beautiful shades, each very different from the other - that's very me. :)  Aruba is a screaming orange shade, and in real life and daytime it is much brigher in the pan than in this foto. It is a bit scary, but I like to live dangerously (???) and went ahead and got it on my cheeks yesterday and I can say, with light hand and on yellow medium-dark skin tones, this look heavenly. For this blush, I specially recommend an application with stippling brush, for a very light and difused colour. The consistency is very matte and powdery and I like to set it with a setting spray for a bit of dewy.

 
Left to Right: Aruba (CC), Suede (NC), Rose Gold (PL) 
Close up: Aruba Blush

Next shade is from the Nude Collection and it's Suede. It's a brown based tone Blush, totally matte, but it doesn't come so powdery like Aruba and if well blended, it does look like natural flush of colour and gives you an easy face definition and tanned effect in seconds. On my olive skin tone, the first application is very subtle, but it's very pigmented and you could easily build it up. It's a good contouring shade as well.

Close-up: Suede

The last Blusher is Rose Gold. This is GORGEOUS, AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL. I don't have enough words to describe it. Th name chosen for this Blush is simple yet describes it very true to reality - it's Rose and it's Gold. The shimmer is heavily packed, but the powder is finely milled and gives you a very beautiful golden highlight on the cheeks. The rose undertone comes better in natural light, but overall, mixed with the golden shimmer, it produces a intense peach shade that instantly revives your complexion. I don't own Nars orgasm, but I would consider this a very good "dupe" or a good option along the lines. The packaging for all the Sleek Makeup Blushes are very high quality, all come with a huge mirror, and 8g of product - this will last you forever!

Close-up: Rose Gold
Swatch: Left to right - Aruba, Suede, Rose Gold
Swatch: Aruba and Suede

 Last but not least: The Au Naturel Nude Collection Eyeshadow Palette! 


It comes with 12 shades, as usual in Sleek palettes, and above you can see the name of shades. (You can click on the pictures for bigger photos). The first row has a skin based combination, with different based tones that varies from white, grey to yellow peach shades, as the second row has a dark brown selection.

Nougat M, Nubuck M, Cappucino M
Conker SM, Moss SM, Bark M
Honeycomb M, Toast M, Taupe SM/G,
Mineral Earth SM, Regal M, Noir M

From 12 shades, you get 8 Matte (as indicated in the picture caption) and 4 Shimmery Shades, that makes me very happy. I was kind of not so in love with my Urban Decay Naked Palette because I think it has too many shimmery/glittery shades for daytime and/or work (Personal preference, I still love it, but more for weekends and going out looks) and I wanted to be able to create even softer looks with this Sleek Palette, and all the matte shades come just in hand. Nougat is a matte off-white, Nubuck is a very light grey, Cappucino is my exact skin tone - perfect for crease colour blending and No Makeup Looks, Honeycomb is a pale yellow shade and Taupe is a not actually so Taupe like I know - this brown, grey, purply colour, that fascinates our eyes - it's more a dark-ish champagne colour with A LOT of shimmer. I'd say it's a bit glittery, because it's chunky when you load it on the brush, but the application is smooth and it blends very well.

Close-up: Taupe
Conker is a golden shimmering warm brown, and very powdery. Moss, my favourite shade of all, is a pretty warm green based olive shade, with a golden satin sheen, and it's a perfect colour family match to my olive skin! When I apply it on my lids, it appears very soft and yet dark, with a gorgeous golden reflection, it makes my eyelids glow with natural effects. I can imagine this shade coming a bit greener or mustardy on paler skin tones but still gorgeous - It's a very autumny/ fall shade. Bark is a yellow based matte brown.

Close-up: Moss and Conker
Mineral Earth is a cool brown with golden/silver shimmer, and this mixture of cool and warm tones results in a quite neutral shade. Regal is cool/neutral dark brown, perfect for crease and shading, and lastly and awesome, Moir, a ol' good matte intense Black shade. 

Close-up: Mineral Earth - interesting. 
 And here are the swatches. I have Olive Skin Complexion, Medium Tan shade, Yellow Undertone, for reference - MAC NC37/NC40, Chanel 037, Estee Lauder Shell Beige 4W, Revlon Colorstay 330 Natural Tan, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse 048 Sun Beige.

Left to Right: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast,Taupe, Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir
Top to borrow: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast,Taupe, Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir

 As you can see, the light shades don't show off so much against my skin tone, but it makes a good job for eye sculpting and brightening, as well as blending colour out. You also get an idea how intense shimmery Taupe is - it's the brightest shade of all.

Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir
Toast,Taupe, Conker, Moss, Bark 
Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb
 Overall, I love this palette very very much and I used everyday for the last week, and I can guarantee it's a incredible investment, good value for money makeup product, that you will find yourself using everyday. It's just love in pan!

I hope you enjoy! Do you have a Sleek Palette or product? Do you also love it or not?



1 comment: